Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Saturday Snapshots

Today was a long day. I'm sorry that I'm just now opening up Saturday Snapshots. I've been at a Crossfit Competition all day with my niece. My snapshots this week are from the competition. I also have some headshots of  a sweet friend who needed them for her new banking position. Hope everyone had a great weekend.




My photography tip for this week is try shooting during the golden hour. The golden hour, sometimes called the "magic hour", is the first hour of light after sunrise, and the last hour of light before sunset. The sun is low in the sky, producing a soft, diffused light. It is way more flattering than the harsh midday sun. You will be amazed at the natural lighting. Lighting is one thing that can make or break a photograph. It is critical to find the right time of day when shooting outdoors.
























Don't forget to link up so you can be entered into the July Snapshots Giveaway




9 comments:

  1. Crossfit looks like hard work! I bet your niece will sleep good tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter does crossfit. It was fun to see your nieces pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures. Crossfit looks hard. I don't know much about it but I hear it can be quite the workout. I love the quote you used to end your post today!! :) Really hit home. Have a great rest of the weekend!
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crossfitters are so hard core! But, you already know that :P That baby is crazy cute! Love reading your Saturday Snapshots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crossfit pics are so neat! I always admire those who can do that!!
    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures, the coloring and the perspective! Looks like your niece has been working incredibly hard - hope she did well. That baby is precious. Which headshot did your friend choose? I really like her facial expression on #1, looks like someone I could trust.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crossfit pics reminded me of an interesting part of our town's 4th of July parade. The local crossfit gym was in the parade and they were taking turns flipping one of those ENORMOUS tractor tires UP the hill. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite time to shoot pictures is at sunset, the color is amazing.

    Terri
    Kinder Princess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You niece is rocking it! Crossfit is hardcore! Awesome shots!
    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!