I think the original idea was Deanna Jump's idea found here. You know I love talking photos so I tweaked mine a little.
Here is our version
1. I printed my photos 5 x 7 on my home printer and then used an x-acto knife to cut out the background.
2 Mod podge the photo to the clear plastic plate. I used gloss mod podge but I think matte would be better.
3. Add hole punched circles with mod podge. I just emptied my three hole puncher.
3. Lightly paint an area using mod podge and sprinkle some glitter towards the bottom of the plate.
5. I free handed the base of the snow globe with scrapbook paper.
6. Hot glue snow globe base to the bottom of the plate and add ribbon up top for a hanger.
We also made these darling reindeer. It was a directed drawing found at Artventurous. It was super easy but oh so cute! We used watercolors instead of oil pastels. Click on the link to see the step by step directions.
What fun things have you been making this holiday season?