Test

  Home About Me Creations Oh Snap!  

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day! We've been celebrating Earth Day for a couple of days in the classroom. I've been trying to stress the importance of taking care of our Earth everyday instead of just on Earth Day. The kids have been so excited about saving paper. We made some fun art using old magazines and went on a litter hunt around school. We also started using these wonderful page protectors that I just absolutely love. 
Being that April is poetry month, we decided to make Earth Day cinquains.You should see some of the poems. I am so proud. I loved how our Earths turned out. This idea came from The First Grade Parade.


 I'm planning on doing more Earth Day activities in stations next week. If you don’t have any Earth Day activities you should check out Rachelle’s Earth Day Unit.  She even updated it this year. It’s packed full of fun stuff!  
We also made these cute Earth Day pledges. I found the picture idea from Teacher Idea Factory.
The kids had a blast making this Earth Day scene from our huge box of scrap paper. Each one was very unique.
Don't forget to check back Monday to see if you're one of the LUCKY winners.





4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & tagging me. I've been M.I.A. for a while so I'm real sorry for just getting to it now.

    BTW, I love your Earth Day activities. We did something similar too with the earth in our hands. Looks like your kids had lots of fun!!

    Color Me Kinder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the shout out and link on your blog. Your Earth Day projects turned out so cute! I really love the top to bottom idea . . . puttin' that in the file for next year :).

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! I am follower #165!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE hearing from you!